Welcome to a new blog, a new website, and the start of the long but exciting road to publication of Out of the Darkness, a gritty science fiction story set in the Elite: Dangerous game universe. Thanks to the generous backing of the Elite community on Kickstarter we achieved 122% funding: enough to buy the rights to set the story in the Elite universe and to make professional editing of the manuscript prior to publication a realistic possibility.
Thank you again to everyone for your backing and support of the project.
Practically I have several things I want to achieve in the short-term:
- Fulfill the short-term rewards I made to my Kickstarter backers.
- Finish this blog and website (as part of the above).
- Immerse myself in the Elite universe to gain inspiration for the story and to ensure it fits with how the universe has evolved from the earlier games.
- Keep you updated with any significant developments or interesting facts on this blog. (I can’t promise these will be regular because the other goals are higher priority, but I will do what I can.)
- Get uncontrollably excited about Elite all over again and bring that energy to my writing.
For now, I think that’s plenty to be going on with…
One last thing: if you are reading this and you haven’t yet checked out the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter project, please do so… It’s your chance to get in at the ground level of the (re)making of a great game – one of the all time classics. There’s great rewards, a lively community, and the fun of getting involved, but you’ll have to be quick because the project ends on Friday, Jan. 4th, 2013. Just click on the golden logo to the right.